You don’t travel light? No worries! Special luggage allowance regulations apply to all our topbonus Silver, Gold, Platinum or Service Card holders on all flights operated by airberlin and NIKI.
Holders of a topbonus status Card can choose whether they prefer to take with them an additional piece of regular luggage or an item of sports equipment** up to 32kg free of charge (with prior registration) on flights with airberlin and NIKI. The baggage regulations for sports equipment you can find here »
* When you purchase an item of checked baggage in the JustFly fare » category, the topbonus free baggage allowance regulations apply, whereby Silver, Gold and Platinum Card holders are allowed one additional item of free baggage (one item of baggage subject to a charge/one item of free baggage).
** Exception: Sports baggage may not be taken in the JustFly fare category. You may only take regular baggage with you in this fare category.
- Applies to topbonus members holding a topbonus Silver, Gold or Platinum Card on bookings made in FlyClassic and FlyFlex, as well as on flights booked in Business Class. For flights booked in JustFly, the free baggage entitlement associated with your status is only valid if you choose to add an item of checked baggage to your booking and pay the required fee. Sports baggage may not be taken in the JustFly fare category. You may only take regular baggage with you in this fare category.
- Applies to holders of a topbonus Service Card on bookings in FlyClassic and FlyFlex as well as on flights booked in Business Class. No increased free baggage allowance applies to bookings made in the JustFly fare category. Please note that your topbonus Service Card needs to be valid at the day of booking as well as during the travel period if you want to take advantage of the Service Card’s baggage benefits.
- Applicable only to flights operated by airberlin or NIKI.
- On flights which are operated by airberlin and NIKI, but which are booked through a codeshare agreement with an airline partner under its own flight number, the benefits are only available to a limited extent.
- The above-mentioned baggage allowance only applies to bookings made from 1st September 2011 with departure from 1st May 2012.
- Please note that your topbonus status must be valid at the time you use the service (i.e. you need a valid status card at the time of travel).