Conditions for award flights with airline partners
1. Booking and ticketing
- Award flights can be booked from the date of flight plan announcement. The availability of award flights on airline partner flights is limited and may vary according to the flight date, season, destination and booking class (Economy Class or Business Class).
- Award tickets are subject to applicable taxes, fees and fuel surcharges.
- Award flights can be booked as one-way as well as round-trip flights. Award itineraries must be booked on the most direct routing.
- Award tickets must be issued at the latest 72 hours after booking. Award tickets can be booked up to 24 hours prior to departure.
- Seat reservations are not possible.
- All award tickets are only issued as electronic tickets.
- Tickets that have already been booked cannot be changed into award tickets.
- Waitlist bookings for award tickets are not allowed.
- To obtain information on the current Stopover and Transfer conditions, please contact the topbonus Service-Team: 0049 (0)30 3434 3433 (German area code. International long distance rates for calls from outside Germany apply).
2. Mixed classes and mileage redemption
If different classes of service (e.g. Economy and Business Class) are involved in the itinerary, the required mileage level for the highest class of service will apply for the whole award ticket.
3. Award ticket validity
Award tickets are valid for 12 month from the date of ticket issue. All award flights on the ticket must be completed one year from the date of issue.
4. Stay in the point of destination
The duration of stay at the destination may not exceed 12 months from the date of departure. Notwithstanding, the admitted length of stay can be limited according to specific restrictions of the operating airline or due to legal restrictions in the country of destination.
5. Rebooking, Transferability, and Cancellation
- Award miles can only be redeemed by the member.
- Award flights can be booked for oneself or another person.
- Changes of date and/or time of award flights are permitted up to 24 hours prior to the departure date and are subject to the availability of seats. In the event of alteration, a rebooking fee of € 75 is charged. Re-routing is not possible.
- In case of cancellation by the customer, the miles are not refunded on the topbonus account. Award flights are non-transferable once they have been booked.
For payment of taxes fees and fuels surcharges only credit cards are accepted. Credit card fees are not charged.
7. Baggage allowance
The permitted amount of baggage on award flights can vary between the airline partners and depends on the class of service (economy or business class) booked. For further information on the baggage allowances, please contact the operating airline.