NEW: Upgrade Voucher to Business Class
In the exclusive Platinum world, you can look forward to many exclusive benefits right from the start. Even upgrades come in pairs! As a Platinum member you receive two vouchers which you can use to upgrade Economy tickets to Business Class tickets with airberlin. You can easily upgrade by simply ringing the topbonus Platinum Service. The vouchers are valid for two years and can be used, subject to availability, on all flights operated by airberlin, provided that you already hold an upgradable ticket.
- An upgrade voucher is valid for one person on a one-way flight.
- The person travelling must have an Economy Class ticket paid in full and booked in the FlyClassic, FlyFlex or FlyDeal fare categories or a confirmed Economy Class ticket for a topbonus award flight. Taxes, fees and fuel surcharge must be paid at the time of booking the Upgrade. Upgrade vouchers cannot be redeemed on tour operator bookings or tickets booked in the JustFly fare category.
- A Business Class upgrade does not entitle passengers to a higher mileage credit. Miles are credited provided the Economy Class ticket is eligible for the mileage credit, as set out in the miles table for Economy Class tickets.
- If the booking or upgrade for which the upgrade vouchers were redeemed is cancelled or not utilised, no refund is given for the vouchers used.
- The allowance for Business Class upgrades is limited and may vary depending on the online availability of Business Class seats on the flight in question.
- If a feeder or shuttle flight is operated on your travel route by a codeshare partner, the Economy free baggage allowance of the respective airline partner will apply. Please bear this in mind for your overall flight.
- The upgrade voucher can only be used on flights operated by airberlin and NIKI. Particular attention should be paid to this if an onward flight is operated by an airline partner.
- On flights which are operated by airberlin and NIKI, but which are booked through a codeshare agreement with an airline partner under its own flight number, the benefits are only available to a limited extent.
- The upgrade voucher is valid for 24 months. Once vouchers have been issued, their validity does not depend on the holder’s current status.
- Upgrade vouchers to Business Class are linked to the individual person and can only be redeemed by the voucher holder. Upgrade vouchers can also be redeemed for a maximum of one companion, provided this accompanying person is booked on the same flight as the voucher holder.
- The upgrade voucher can only be redeemed by phoning the Platinum Hotline. It is not possible to redeem the voucher once on board a flight.