Business Class Upgrade
You can use your award miles to upgrade from Economy to Business Class – and enjoy even more comfort. You’ll love the luxury, space and several other convenient services at no extra charge. Simply upgrade with your award miles.
You can book a Business Class upgrade by calling our topbonus Service-Team at 0049 (0)30 - 3434 3433 up to 12 hours before departure (German area code. International long distance rates for calls from outside Germany apply.).
With this table you can see how many miles you need for a Business Class Upgrade:
|from/ to||North America||Central America / Caribbean||South & Central Asia / The Gulf States|
For an upgrade to Business Class it is necessary to redeem award miles as per the chart displayed (subject to seat availability and upon presentation of an existing confirmed flight or award ticket in Economy Class). The mileage amounts apply per person and per one-way flight respectively (outbound or return flight). Double the mileage amount is required for an upgrade on both the outbound and return flight.
Middle East / North Africa: flights from Europe to: Egypt, Israel, Morocco, Tunisia
North America: flights from Europe to: USA
Central America / Caribbean: flights from Europe to: Cuba, Dominican Republic, Mexico, the Netherlands Antilles
South & Central Asia / The Gulf States: flights from Europe to: United Arab Emirates
- The passenger must have a fully-paid Economy Ticket (FlyClassic, FlyFlex or FlyDeal fare) or a confirmed topbonus award ticket in Economy Class. All taxes, charges and fuel surcharges must be paid at the time of booking the upgrade. A Business Class upgrade is not available in conjunction with the following tickets:
- Economy Tickets booked through tour operators
- Topdeal Tickets and award flights at reduced mileage values
- Award flights on the "business points" bonus program
- Codeshare flights with airberlin flight numbers which are operated by partner airlines
- A Business Class Upgrade does not entitle the passenger to have miles credited to their account. Mileage is credited according to the eligibility of the Economy Ticket, as set out in the table » showing the mileage earned on Economy Tickets. If a confirmed upgrade is cancelled or not utilised, the mileage used for the upgrade will not be re-credited to the member’s account.
- Business Class Upgrades are not transferable, but they can be booked for a third party via a member’s own topbonus mileage account.
- The availability of Business Class Upgrades is limited and may not correspond to the availability of seats in Business Class shown on our website for the flight in question. In the event that as part of a promotion additional allocation of Business Class upgrades is made available (e.g. at an airport, during a promotion), this may be subject to different conditions and number of miles needed.
- Business Class upgrades obtained with miles may only be used on flights operated by airberlin or NIKI and booked under an airberlin or NIKI flight number.
- If your journey includes a feeder or connecting flight operated by a codeshare partner, the Economy free baggage allowance limits of the airline in question will apply. Please bear this in mind for the flight as a whole.