topbonus Card Overview
topbonus Service Card
In addition to the benefits of the topbonus Classic Card » you can enjoy the following benefits on flights booked in the FlyClassic, FlyFlex and FlyDeal fare categories as well as on flights in Business Class *:
- Free seat reservations for you and an adult travelling companion, as well as children (under the age of 12) travelling with you
- Free Check-in the evening before departure for you and an adult travelling companion including accompanying children under the age of 12
- Discount of € 10 short- and medium-haul/ € 15 long-haul on XL seats for
you and an adult travelling companion
- Additional free baggage »! You can check in a minimum of two pieces of baggage (71 lbs) free of charge, depending on the fare category
- Sports equipment »: you may decide whether to take an item of sports equipment with you instead of a regular piece of baggage. Your sports equipment is carried free of charge with prior registration (e.g. bicycle or surfboard).
Annual fee of € 119
With the topbonus Service Card you can access a whole range of extra services. The Service Card offers you full service – irrespective of your status – on flights booked with airberlin and NIKI* in the FlyClassic, FlyFlex and FlyDeal fare categories and on flights in Business Class. This helps make your holiday more relaxing from the start. Sports enthusiasts for instance will appreciate the benefits of being able to take additional baggage on holiday. On presentation of your topbonus Service Card you will of course collect miles as part of our topbonus Program.
How to order your topbonus Service Card:
Purchase the topbonus Service Card up to 48 hours before your flight and you can already profit from the many advantages of this card on your next trip, even though the card will only be sent out to you by post a few days later (please present the confirmation of purchase at the Check-in).
If you are already holder of a topbonus Card, you can order your Service Card
in your personal profile ». As soon as you receive your Service Card you can use both topbonus Cards at the same time. On presentation of your topbonus Service Card you will collect miles as part of our topbonus Program.
If you are not a topbonus member yet you can order your Service Card during the topbonus registration ». By ordering the topbonus Service Card you will become a topbonus member simultaneously and receive a topbonus Classic Card in addition to your Service Card. This card has an unlimeted validity and you can use it for collecting miles after your topbonus Service Card has expired. The collected miles will be credited to the same topbonus mileage account.
Bookings for sports and additional excess baggage, which exceeds the additional free baggage limit available with the topbonus Service Card, can be made while making the online booking or subsequently up to 48 hours before departure under Optional Extras » (provided the reservation has been booked via airberlin.com) or via our Service-Centre ». There you will also receive information about transporting musical instruments, oversized baggage, breakable baggage, etc.
* Please note that some advantages are currently not available on all flights
- Subject to availability, a topbonus Service Card valid for 12 months can be purchased at the current price as displayed on this website.
- Only valid on flights operated by airberlin or NIKI on bookings made in the FlyClassic, FlyFlex and FlyDeal fare categories and on flights booked in Business Class.
- The benefits of the Service Card can only be used on flights for which topbonus miles are simultaneously being credited to the topbonus account with which the Service Card is associated. Please therefore state your topbonus number at the time of booking.
- On flights which are operated by airberlin and NIKI, but which are booked through a codeshare agreement with an airline partner under its own flight number, the benefits are only available to a limited extent.
- Between purchasing the card and first using it, there must be a period of at least 48 hours (i.e. between purchase and departure date of the first flight on which you would like to use the benefits; there must also be a period of 48 hours between purchase and first using the card to book extra services).
- Please note that your topbonus Service Card needs to be valid at the day of booking as well as during the travel period if you want to take advantage of the Service Card’s baggage benefits.
- Benefits for flights that have already been taken or for flight bookings made with additional services will not be credited retroactively, nor can they be accumulated together with benefits offered with a topbonus Card.
- The benefit of free carriage of an item of sports baggage weighing up to 32 kg can only be granted with prior registration. If you do not register, the general rates for excess baggage apply »