Seat comfort and leg room
Long-haul flight in Economy Class – A first-class travel experience
Window or aisle, right at the front or preferably with lots of extra leg room? Where is your favourite seat?
- The XL Seat – The star in the cabin. 46 XL Seats per aircraft provide the most generous seat pitch. This way you arrive at your destination in an even more relaxed frame of mind.
- 20% more leg room
- Most generous Economy Class seat pitch of all airlines on transatlantic flights (Skytrax)
- Added seat comfort
- Fast embarking and deplaning thanks to seats in the front section
- To offer greater privacy and faster deplying, the Preferred Seats on long-haul flights are located in the rows of two in the front section of the cabin.
- Available for bookings in the front and rear sections of the cabin, our Standard Seats provide the accustomed airberlin seating comfort.
You can select your seat category together with your flight or add the seats to your booking up to 4 hours before departure. You will find an overview of all seat categories and charges here ».
Book your chosen seat category now»
Internet on board
The airberlin fleet will gradually be equipped with the new airberlin connect service. Find out more »
Our new comprehensive Inseat Entertainment* system ensures that there is something to suit your individual taste.
- each seat is equipped with its own monitor
- individualised entertainment programme: box-office hits, TV series or games
- more than 200 hours of programmes to choose from
- each seat has its own USB port
You will receive headphones free of charge on board. If you prefer, you can of course use your own headphones. You can download our current entertainment programme for long-haul flights as a PDF file here »
Amenity Kit for your comfort
In order to make the journey more pleasant, on selected night flights the airberlin Amenity Kit provides each passenger with:
- a toothbrush and toothpaste
- a sleep mask
Fun and games for kids
In order to ensure that the youngest passengers are also entertained during long-haul flights, they are given a colourful pack of toys when they are on board:
- a colouring book and pencils
- a puzzle
- a comic
- an airberlin cap
Our in-flight sales offer all this and a great deal more:
- delicious snacks and drinks
- high quality perfumes
- exquisite jewellery
- fashion accessories
- children's toys
Find out about our extensive range of products before you fly »
airberlin in-flight magazine
You can view the current airberlin in-flight magazine here »
- new edition on board every month
- around one hundred pages of lifestyle, tips, information and great entertainment
* Please note the following variation » on our route from Stuttgart to Abu Dhabi and back.
Find out when and which electronic devices are permitted on board our flights here »