Free Chauffeur Service
Travel to your destination in comfort with your own chauffeur
Do you know about the Chauffeur Service which airberlin and Etihad Airways offer to Business Class flight guests? We drive our guests free of charge, but of course in a business-like fashion, from the airport to their chosen destination and back.
- With a fleet of luxuriously equipped vehicles we therefore offer you the same level of comfort and service to which you are accustomed on board.
- Enjoy a comfortable ride with drinks and newspapers provided, and relax as you are driven.
Who can use this service ?
Flight guests in Business Class who have booked through airberlin/Niki or a travel agency can add airberlin/Niki und Etihad Airways’ free Chauffeur Service to their booking. Flight guests who have booked using airmile upgrades also have the opportunity to take up this exclusive offer.
For our flight guests travelling in Business Class, two free transfers using the Chauffeur Service to and from the airport are available per booking.
Flight guests in Business Class who are not Status clients (holders of Gold, Silver and Platinum Status cards) can use the Chauffeur Service for all transfers to and from the airport free of charge within the United Arab Emirates, provided their flight starts or ends in the United Arab Emirates or includes a stop-off in Abu Dhabi.
Flight guests in Business Class who are also Status clients (holders of Gold, Silver and Platinum Status cards) can use the Chauffeur Service as often as they wish without restriction for transfers to and from the airport.
For which locations can the service be booked?
This service is offered on flights where Abu Dhabi is the airport of departure or destination, or where a stopover is scheduled in this city (Feeder flights are not included in this service).
|Country||To / from (airport)||Distance|
Within a 50 km radius of the airport on arrival and departure
Within a 60 km radius of the airport on arrival and departure
Within an 80 km radius of the airport on arrival and departure
Within a 40 km radius of the airport on arrival and departure
Shangai Pu Dong (PVG)
Within an 40 km radius
Within an 55 km radius of the airport on arrival and departure
Berlin Tegel (TXL)
Within a 40 km radius of the airport on arrival and departure (except Dusseldorf: within a 60 km radius)
up to 50 kms* driven distance to and from
up to 70 kms* driven distance to and from
*No transfers between International and Domestic airport terminals.
Changi International (SIN)
Within the city of Singapore and Sentosa Island on arrival and departure
at Changi International
Suvarnabhumi International, Bangkok (BKK)
Within 60 km radius of the airport on arrival and departure
United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi (AUH)
Any destination in the United Arab Emirates
(service not available to guests in transit in Abu Dhabi.)
How can the service be booked?
The Chauffeur Service can be booked by telephone on 0049 (0)30 3434 3344 up to 24 hours before the start of the journey at the latest.
Conditions of use
- Only flight gests in possession of confirmed flight bookings in Business Class can use the airberlin/Niki (and Etihad Airways) Chauffeur Service. This service is not available to flight guests with discounted fares or waiting list bookings or guests who purchase their flight tickets directly at the airport.
- The Chauffeur Service can also be used free of charge by topbonus members who have received an upgrade to Business Class via their airmiles.
- The Chauffeur Service is only available on the defined routes.
- For Business Class travellers who are owners of topbonus Platinum, Gold or Silver cards, the Chauffeur Service to and from the airport is available during the whole air journey with unlimited frequency.
- If the Business Class traveller does not have topbonus Status, he may use the Chauffeur Service to and from the airport a maximum of twice during his journey.
- If the flight begins or ends in the United Arab Emirates, or if he has a stop-off in Abu Dhabi, the Chauffeur Service may be used by the group of persons entitled to it to and from the airport to all destinations with the United Arab Emirates
- The Chauffeur Service may only be used on the relevant flight departure or arrival date.
- Business Class flight guests who have booked a codeshare flight operated by airberlin/Niki or Etihad may use the Chauffeur Service.
- Flight guests whose flights are operated by an airline other than airberlin/Niki or Etihad are not entitled to use the Chauffeur Service.
- The Chauffeur Service is not available to unaccompanied children travelling alone. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during the car journey.
- The Chauffeur Service must be booked at least 24 hours before the start of travel. The service cannot be used if the booking is made less than 24 hours in advance. It is not possible to book the service directly at the airport.
- The Chauffeur Service is offered at all defined destinations (see summary) at which this service is available within a particular distance radius. If the service used exceeds the mileage limitation specified for the relevant destination, the additional distance must be paid by the guest himself at the local rate. Flight guests will be informed of these fares on request, and the additional mileage must be paid directly to the driver.
- If a flight guest fails to cancel the service and the car makes an unnecessary journey to the airport at the agreed time, the service cannot then be booked again in connection with the same flight ticket. The service cannot be rebooked to a later time.
- Agreed collection times are binding and have to be adequately planned by the flight guest relative to the scheduled flight times. The drivers will wait a maximum of 20 minutes, after this the claim to transport lapses and the driver will inform the guest accordingly as far as possible.
- The Chauffeur Service is provided by third party service-providers. airberlin is not liable for losses, personal injury or death occurring during use of such offers and services unless such losses, personal injury or death is exclusively attributable to negligence on the part of airberlin.
- The scope of the airberlin Chauffeur Services may be restricted for special fare deals. Please check with your travel agency or the airberlin office before completing your flight booking.
- The Chauffeur Service is not available in conjunction with free flight tickets or upgrades from Economy to Business Class (with the exception of an airmiles upgrade)
- It is not possible to request an extra vehicle for additional baggage.
- Airmiles are not awarded for use of the Chauffeur Service.