Entry regulations – Cuba

Tourists visiting Cuba will need a tourist card for stays of up to 30 days.

A visa is required for longer stays or if travelling for non-tourist purposes. Those who have booked a package holiday can obtain the tourist card ("tarjeta de turista", EUR 25) via their travel agency; independent tourists must contact the relevant Cuban diplomatic mission abroad before embarking on their journey. Tourist cards are not issued at the border. The tourist card is valid for 180 days from the date of issue and must be submitted on entry, together with a passport that is valid for at least a further 6 months. Children need to have their own passport.

Please note that a local departure tax is payable.

A confirmed onward-passage or return ticket is also required for entry. The first address where visitors will be staying must be provided on arrival in Cuba. Visitors must have the equivalent of USD 50 for each day of their stay at their disposal (in cash or Travellers’ Cheques).

NEW: As part of the Secure Flight programme, selected passenger details must also be provided to the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) for any flights which enter United States airspace. This also applies to flights to Cuba.
Enter details for Secure Flight programme »

We recommend that you contact the embassy or consulate of your destination country for information about current visa and entry regulations. You will find a list of contact addresses on the website of the
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cuba »

airberlin does not accept any liability for the completeness and correctness of the contents.